What is the Good Jobs Rating?
The Good Jobs Rating is a powerful data analytics tool developed for investors looking to assess the contribution of company employment to wider society.
For the first time investors can align and track their investment performance against UN Sustainable Development Goal 8. SDG 8 is particularly important because of its strong inter-linkages with other SDGs.
The need to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has become a universal concern for governments, business leaders and investors. The Good Jobs Rating fills a current vacuum in SDG 8 data and analytics.
The Good Economy developed the Good Jobs Rating through a two year collaboration with Sycomore Asset Management. Testing our solution on a real-world portfolio with a leading responsible investor that focuses on human capital and good jobs has enhanced the Rating’s functionality and relevance to all investor users.
If you’d like to learn more about the Good Jobs Rating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the Good Jobs Rating work?
The Rating provides a unique 3-D assessment of corporate job performance – by job quantity, by job quality and by job geography. An overall score is supported by detailed analysis and summary graphics for a complete picture of a company’s job-creation performance.
- Internationally recognised metrics that are consistent, comparable and standardised
- Overall scores for easy comparison
- Direct and indirect employment analysis
- Sector relative insight across the model
- Global and regional employment footprints mapped
- Company reporting rated against Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards.
- Applicable to listed and non-listed businesses, across all geographies.
- Compare scores across companies, sectors and geographies
- A stand-alone rating or a complement to existing ESG analysis
- Useful for pre or post investment screening and assessment
- Increases scope for investor engagement and dialogue on workforce issues
- Customised solution packages available.
Workforce issues are emerging from being a niche concept to something more central and critical to investment practice for many investors.
Who is the Good Jobs Rating for?
We recommend the Rating as an essential positive screening and analysis tool within broader ESG and impact analysis to help identify investment opportunities with a positive contribution to good jobs.
These could be:
- Public equities investment managers
- Banks with a focus on SME lending
- Private equity investors
- Asset owners.
If you’d like to learn more about the Good Jobs Rating,
please email email@example.com
Looking beyond how a company generates societal impacts through its products and services, the metric will assess how a company contributes to the communities in which it operates, as an employer and as an economic player.
The Good Jobs Rating gives investors access to granular, financially useful data on the social impact of companies and sectors, and that can only be good news for the investment community. We believe the tool could help inform our engagement activity with company management, helping us to examine how they are balancing the needs of their customers, local communities, shareholders and employees.